Monday, September 15, 2008

be sure to wear clean underwear ...

because if you get in a car accident, you won't want to be embarrassed by the state of said underwear.
that's what my mum always used to say.
and i am thinking i should apply this statement to other areas of my life. for example, if i had to call the police to my home (in the event of some tragedy that i probably previously viewed on the i.d. channel), i would be seriously embarrased by the state of my bathroom. hairbrushes, toothbrushes, toothpaste stuck to the sink, makeup (everywhere!), mousse and blowdryers, tampons and ept tests, toilet paper rolls waiting to be put away, towels on the floor, towels on the hangers, towels over the shower. i hope that this gives you a good idea of the insanity that is my bathroom.
we dont make our bed. ever.
there i said it. i admit it. i pull the covers up over the pillows (not the sheet though) if guests are coming and i want to make a slightly better impression than that of someone who does not make their bed. but really ... i use the same logic i did as a child: why make it, if i am just going to get back in it later?
i rarely clean the dishes right after dinner. they sit in the sink until tomorrow.
but heres the rub ... i love my house. and i should keep it in a state that should the police, paramedics, or firefighters must barge through my front door, i can be proud of my home. just like i can be proud of my underwear.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I love this post! I never make my bed either... or clean up the toys for the same reason. It's like trying to shovel snow before it stops snowing.

NateDee said...

Honestly babe, where do you come up with these blogging ideas? SO funny!! Your side of the bathroom isn't THAT bad. You clean all of that up at lEAST once a quarter. :) LOVE YOU!