Saturday, February 28, 2009

hawk eyes

i have been watching my weight like a hawk. im pretty crazy about it. every single day i get on the scale. i am not mad when i gain weight. i just want to know what im gaining and when.
my doctor told me i should only gain 10-15 pounds with this lil munchie (thats short for munchkin, for those of you not hip to my lingo). if you are wondering why so little, its because i was already a fatty to begin with. but according to wiifit i am only overweight, i am not obese - and i take comfort in wiifit.
anyway ... back to my hawk eyes. i have been on the scale and checking myself. i am six months pregnant now, blog. SAY WHAT?! when did that happen? well it did.
my dad likes to say things like ... woah nicole youre putting on some weight there!
or last night, we went to dinner, and i really wanted soup and salad before my main course. and i asked him if he thought it was too much food, and he laughed at me, and said he thought it seemed like a lot. i proceeded to tell him he was giving me a complex.
and then i told him i weighed myself just before we left the house for dinner. and i am happy to say that i have only gained 5 pounds. and the baby weighs more than a pound! so come on ... i think i am am doing phenomenal.
and then ordered soup, salad, and a 20oz bone in rib eye.
and ate it.

3 comments:

Annie said...

What the...??? You have only gained 5 pounds?? I am jealous! And I am feeling like a HEFFER right now, because I am pulling up on 25 pounds already, and I still have 3 months to go! I am pretty sure that I will gain about 40 pounds with this peanut. Yikes. Oh well...all in the name of a BABY, and it will be so worth it!

DeeBoyzMomma said...

Seriously...?!?!?! 5 lbs???? I had prob gained at least 25 by that point, and no... not because I wasn't already a heffer to begin with. It's all relative my dear. Just as long as you are not depriving yourself or that baby. I don't know about Jackson, but Obi and Jayden used to wake me up in the middle of the night and I'd feel like I hadn't eaten in two months!!! :) Anyway, congrats. You look fantastic by the way, as usual.

Ben Dee said...

This post is freaking HI-larious! You are such a nut, Niki!!