Monday, February 09, 2009

i'm a rock star ...

see below excerpt from the email debs (my sil) sent out today in preparation of our weekend visit:

"The reason for my email is to make sure I have everything ready for you when you come. I want you guys to feel comfortable and have a good time so that hopefully you'll want to come back! I know that Jacoby needs a playpen and Nathan likes a flat pillow and a fan on his face. I have a body pillow for Nikki and a tv in her room, should she want it, but does anyone else have any other needs/wants that would help them feel comfortable? "


first - notice that nathan and i are the only two who require special needs when traveling. a playpen for a baby does not count. thats kind of sad (slash totally rockstar-esque) should i ask for M&Ms in my room - but only the yellow ones?


second - how freaking fabulous is it that i get a tele while traveling!?! its next to impossible for me to sleep without a tv. the other night gusgus was sick at 2 am, so i got up with him. but then i couldnt turn on the tv and wake nathan. so instead, i kept him up with my tossing and turning (and supposed loud sighing). he tried rubbing my back. i tried counting sheep (really!) but to no avail. finally at 430 (yes, two and half hours of this) i went downstairs to turn on the tele. by 530 i was asleep. so .... the moral of this story is, if you want nikki to sleep, you get her a tv.


third - do you see how fabulous debs is? i know that the responses to this email got written into some book that she hoards away for future knowledge. or she actually just remembers it all. i dont even remember our anniversary - let alone peoples sleeping habits, allergies, or anything like that. and people visiting here are lucky if they get clean sheets.


and since im practically a rock star now (with my own body pillow and tele - and possibly yellow M&Ms) i am thinking that i dont need to remember all this stuff about people. thats what my staff is for ... and my staff is nathan. so nathan - just a note here, you should start keeping a book like debbie's. maybe she'll give you some hints when we are in the SLC

5 comments:

NateDee said...

You just think you are SOOOO funny. If you are such a rockstar, why don't you record a video of you singing something and playing the air guitar and post it for the world to see?

nikki said...

perhaps i will nathan ... perhaps i will ... you should be careful what you ask for :o)

Debbie said...

Ha! Ha! You are so funny Nikki. I just love ya! You will always be a rock star to me! I'm going to email you top secret info right now.....

Ben Dee said...

HA HA!!! Nathan IS your staff! Make that kid do something for a change! Hysterical! I haven't had a night of peace in weeks as Debbie has me doing stuff around here getting ready for your visit! I just want to sit on my fat ace and watch some freaking 30 Rock!! Geeze! :-)

NateDee said...

Dude, 30 Rock is so funny. It and Psych are totally favorite comedies on TV right now.

P.S.
You know I don't like when our wifeys share top secet info. I don't trust 'em.