Saturday, March 14, 2009

baby bedding of the future




this is the crib bedding we decided on. we knew from the beginning that the room would be animals. i liked the idea of planes, trains and automobiles. but nathan is not a fan of inanimate objects .... so animals it was. i didnt want farm animals. and LBJ loves his friend he got for christmas, BG (baby giraffe) that sings to him each night through my belly. so we knew we had to have giraffes - and monkeys, and elephants, and lions. obviously.


everything we were finding was very dark - dark browns and greens - which i love. but i was thinking the nursery shouldnt be that dark. so we found this set, and its a little modern, and we bought it. on march 3rd. the crib and dresser comes today - so i was hoping the bedding would have been here by now. but nope. so i just checked the order confirmation and it told me that my bedding wouldnt be delivered until the week of april 7th!!! say what?!?! it takes you over a month to put that stuff in a box and send it to me. is someone actually making it right now??? is that what it is??


i wasnt even planning on buying this stuff yet, but we saw it and it was cute so i impulsively pulled out nathans debit card at 9pm on a tuesday night during AI at my parents. and its a good thing - since i have to wait a gobazillion years to receive it!!


and so that being said - is it weird while im at babys r us picking up the crib today if i buy a few things for the crib?? just so it doesnt look yucky empty? maybe ill just buy some nice wall hangings. yeah. wall hangings. thats the ticket.


4 comments:

Annie said...

It's cute! I loved picking out our bedding too, and it was a total impulse buy also, so don't feel bad - we randomly went to PBkids and found it on super-clearance, so we bought the whole darn sha-bang. Isn't it just so fun to get ready for a baby?

DeeBoyzMomma said...

I L-O-V-E it!!! Glad to hear that the musical giraffe won't totally be out of place. I was nervous buying you anything, but couldn't help myself. Hmm... maybe you need help painting and putting the nursery together and I (or me and Kelly) should come up and see you to help out. :) SUPER EXCITED!!!!

Susan said...

Its looking fine, you can find more Modern Baby Bedding here…..

Ben Dee said...

I still can't believe that you are going to be a mom in less than 3 months!!! I am so freaking excited for you guys!