Thursday, August 28, 2008

Nie's Recovery

today is a special day. i know that my viewership is small - but it would be wrong for me not to share this story with you all:

Last week Christian and Stephanie Nielson were in a very serious plane crash. They are a young couple with four children under the age of six. They are in critical condition. Stephanie has third degree burns covering 80% of her body and Christian has third degree burns over 30% of his body. The recovery will be very long and very expensive.

If you are able, please consider contributing to this fund that will go directly to the family. http://www.nierecovery.com/

Today, several websites are auctioning off items for their benefit. Go here to see the comprehensive list: http://www.designmom.com/ .

Updates about Stephanie and Christian here: http://blog.cjanerun.com/

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought seriously about holding an auction for one of my original paintings. But, the anxiety won out, and I decided that instead I would be sure to spend some money on some of the wonderful auctions. In fact I saw that a sister in my ward is auctioning off a photo session!!! Such a small blogging world.

It is so fabulously heart warming to see all support that has turned out for this family. I hope that if you see something you like, you will buy :o) and know the money is going to a very deserving cause.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hey Nicole! So fun to read thru your blog. It's a great way to get to know someone. You paint?!? I would love to see one of your paintings!